Wheat Grass is the young grass of the wheat plant (Triticum aestivum). It grows in temperate regions and can live indoors or outdoors. Many people grow their own wheat grass by putting wheat seeds in water and then harvesting the leaves.
Wheat Grass is a natural source of vitamins and minerals (a few of which are antioxidants) including:
- Vitamins A, E, C, K and B6
Amazing Benefits to Drink Wheat Grass Juice Everyday
- Wheat Grass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
- Wheat Grass juice contains up to 70% chlorophyll, which is an important blood builder. The chlorophyll molecules closely resemble that of the hemin molecule, the pigment which combines with protein to form hemoglobin. The major difference is the chlorophyll molecule contains magnesium as it’s central atom, and the hemin molecule contains iron. The molecular structure of these two substances is almost identical in all other respects.
- Chlorophyll contains enzymes and super- oxide dismutase, a copper-containing protein found in mature red blood cells. This enzyme decomposes superoxide radicals in the body into a more manageable form, thereby helping to slow down the aging process.
- Wheat Grass juice contains crude chlorophyll (as opposed to pure) and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without side effects. In addition, scientists have never found wheat grass to be toxic in any amount when given to either animals or humans.
- Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheat grass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. If grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 115 minerals from the soil.
- The bland soothing effect of chlorophyll (wheat grass) ointments are very beneficial to the treatment of various skin diseases involving the outer and underlying layers of the skin, including: itching and burning of the rectum; ivy poisoning; weeping and dry eczema and even in conditions caused by insect bites or infection.
- Wheat Grass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
- Wheat Grass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. This is beneficial because the brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly- oxygenated environment.
- The starch of the wheat berry is stored energy which when converted to simpler sugars is a quick energy source. It is especially good for athletes because it is a juice and is assimilated in 20 minutes or less, and uses very little of the body’s energy to extract the nutrients
- Wheat Grass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will help eliminate toothaches. It pulls poisons from the gums.
- Wheat Grass juice helps to keep the hair from graying.
- Wheat Grass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
Wheat Grass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.