Ringworm is a skin-infection caused by fungi. Today, we describe the way to treat ringworm using common ingredients found at home. Garlic is the principal remedy here.
- Early morning, when you rise, take half tsp. of Sea-salt with a glass of warm water.
- After about half an hour, take a metal tumbler, or a bowl and crush a fresh garlic-pod in it. Add 50 ml of fresh unsalted, plain Yoghurt (curd/dahi) and half tsp. of turmeric powder in it. Churn it well and drink it. Please do not eat anything for next 60 mins.
- Drink the same Yoghurt mixture in step 2 in the evening at sunset, leaving a teaspoon of this potion for local application on the affected area (where you have the ringworm)
- Every 2 days, add 1 more garlic pod to the mixture, i.e. from the 3rd day, take 2 pods of garlic in 50 ml of Yoghurt, from 5th day, take 3 garlic pods and so on
- While sea-salt, garlic and turmeric kill the yeast, fungi and other intestinal bacteria, yoghurt helps to replenish the friendly bacteria and aids in digestion.
- You can also apply lemon juice and apple cider vinegar topically on the ringworm if you can bear the stinging. Tea-tree oil would also help. Honey, applied locally and taken internally would also help.