Fenugreek is also known as “methi” in Hindi. It has many uses both in household purpose and to make medicines. Fenugreek seeds taste bitter. When added to any dish it gives pleasant taste to the dish. India is the largest producer of this fenugreek plants. The following are the health benefits of fenugreek.
Health benefits of fenugreek
- Fenugreek leaves are rich in folic acid, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. it also contains minerals such as potassium, calcium and iron. Because of having rich content of potassium and low content of sodium, the powdered seeds can control our blood pressure.
- Helps to reduce the cholesterol level in our body.
- Fenugreek helps to reduce inflammation in the body such as mouth ulcers, kidney ailments, chronic cough, cancer, tuberculosis.
- To control the diabetes; people with diabetes are instructed to include fenugreek seeds to their daily diet.
- To prevent from hair fall. It makes the hair strong and shiny. It has hormones that promote the growth of hair.
- Fenugreek seeds also have skin benefits. It removes the wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. Take one tablespoon to fenugreek seeds, soak it overnight. Mix this soaked seeds, yogurt and blend it to form a smooth paste. Apply this paste to the face, keep it for 30 minutes and then wash. Your face will be glowing.
- Fenugreek seeds are also used as a moisturizer to the skin. It removes the dryness of the skin.