Rose water is undoubtedly beauty’s magic potion, and remarkably versatile. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can be added to your beauty regime. That’s what makes it a beauty secret or rather a secret weapon of women all over the world, not just India. While purchasing rose water, you must make sure you buy only 100% pure rose water i.e. the distilled water of roses sans the chemicals, the by-product of rose oil production.
10 Amazing Benefits of Rose Water
1. Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
2. Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
3. Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing and moisturising properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalises hair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Uses of Rose Water
The best and easiest way to use rose water maybe to apply it at night, to clear all impurities the face has collected through the day; but we’ve listed other surprising uses which are so quick and easy, you’ll be shocked.
A great way to use rosewater is by spritzing it on your face. Rosewater can also be sprayed over makeup to work as a makeup setting product, the mist will leave your face radiant. Fill an empty spray bottle with rosewater and spritz once you’re done with your morning beauty routine to keep your face fresh and hydrated.
Dry and Frizzy Hair
You’ve come to the right place. Mix equal parts rosewater and glycerin, apply on the scalp with the help of cotton pads and massage for 10-15 minutes. Let it stay for another 30 minutes and wash off with shampoo.
Rose water can be used a cleanser on all skin types. After washing your face with a mild face wash, all you have to do is add a few drops of glycerine to 1 tbsp rose water and apply it on your face.
No More Tired Eyes
If you have tired, inflamed eyes – soak a cotton pad in chilled rose water and apply. It helps reduce puffiness under the eyes and get rid of redness.
Post shampooing, use a cup of rose water as a final rinse. It helps condition the hair deeply, adding a healthy shine you’ll just love.
Wet a soft cotton ball with chilled rose water and dab it on cleansed skin. Its mild astringent properties help tighten the pores and gently tone the skin.
Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp rose water, apply it on acneic skin and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash with fresh water and reap the benefits. You can also apply a speedy face pack of fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and mix it with rose water. Once it dries, wash it off. This helps cleanse pores, control excess oil and prevent acne.
Tried and tested, this is the best makeup remover ever. Add a few drops of coconut oil to rosewater on a cotton pad and cleanse your face. The mixture works wonders to wipe off makeup and nourish your skin deeply at the same time. Note: Rub gently to avoid being harsh to your skin.
Fair and Lovely
Add 2 tbsp gram flour and mix it with rose water plus lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply for 15 minutes to get rid of tanning.
Mix rose water with almond oil or regular cream and moisturise your body. For some extra indulgence, draw yourself a rose-scented bath. It’s considered the best antidote to stress.